Doodling out

Hi, everyone. I am Cecilia and my AussieDoodle is about to turn 2 in April. She too started with no wispy hair but she is a shaggy dog now. Here are two pics to compare the before and after...The first one is from today - Beast Doodle Mode. The second one is from April 2018 (just shaved at one year old). 3887387883?profile=RESIZE_710x3887352301?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of Doodle Kisses to add comments!

Join Doodle Kisses

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• She's beautiful! I'm always astounded at the color changes that happen. I wouldn't have guessed it was the same dog.

• Thanks, Stacy. That's one of the joys of having a Doodle - they are always changing. Am getting her groomed next week and she won't look like this much longer. I just love it when she's messy like this. Where is a picture of your baby?

• I also love the messy/shaggy look. It's definitely easier to do that with the dogs with straighter hair. I can't get my curly girls that long unless I want to make brushing a full time job. My F1 has hair that I can let grow longer without too much trouble. There is definitely a lot of variation. Here are my girls.3887958686?profile=RESIZE_710x

• What a pretty girl.

• Welcome. She has very pretty coloring and a lovely coat. 

• Thanks for the compliments on Ms. Lucy. I don't know how I lived without a Doodle!!

• Wow, so different!  She is beautiful either way.  Did you know she would have spots on her body?  I love the longer hair but it's harder to take care of.  Picco is really shaggy right now which I do every winter but feel the need to shorten him up just so I can give him a better brushing!

• I need to do a better job on the brushing - especially when she is long like this. What kind of brushes does everyone use? I usually use a wide-toothed comb first so she will still talk to me after. 

• I like my Chris Christensen big pin brush.  It doesn't scratch against their skin and doesn't snag too much.  It's really good for routine maintenance brushing a few times a week.

I keep a straight comb handy though for working on mats and we have a de-shedding/de-matting rake that we use every few weeks since Riley has a thick undercoat.

This reply was deleted.