Hi all, new to the forum here and we just picked up our little bundle of sunshine on Sunday - I am so in love. I am also ALLERGIC! Dammit
I knew this could happen - I went into getting him knowing that I could be allergic. I tested a few dogs but the allergies take a day or two to really show up so being with Goldendoodles for short period of times really didn't help, in my case.
Or who knows - maybe I just chose one that I am allergic to.
Getting rid of him is NOT an option and not interacting with him is also NOT an option so here I sit - suffering with allergies. BUT I am determined to make this work.
I have loaded up on different medications and nose sprays and am going to begin working through sampling the different brands available and see how I do on them, I have always taken a Claritin a day for other allergies.
My questions to all of you fellow doodle allergy sufferers is what do you find works best for you to control the symptoms? Did you find that you became immune to the dog allergen after awhile? Did you try allergy shots? I have an allergy appt schedule for August 22.
He is an F1B, wavy coat, does not shed at all (so far)