Hello, My name is Jane and this is our 14 week old F1B labradoodle, Duffy.  I retired on Dec. 20 and we picked up our puppy on Dec 21.  I love staying home with him but I will be glad when he gets his final Parvo shot so we can get out and play more!  This is our first Doodle, our old boxer passed away this summer.  It's been awhile since we had a little puppy, I think we decided 23 years!!  My husband plans to train Duffy to retrieve waterfowl and he would like to train him to hunt mushrooms as well.  I am just happy to have a dog in the house again!  Sorry, I can't figure out how to right the picture or how to delete it now!  lol3827483183?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of Doodle Kisses to add comments!

Join Doodle Kisses

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think Duffy is going to be a stunner.  Google puppie classes and see if there a puppy class in your area.  Puppy classes offer safe environments for puppies mingle with other puppies of same age before all shots are effective.  Generally you must provide proof of beginnging shot, at least eight weeks of age.  Owners disinfect feet1shoes before entering and surface is contained and roofed with a sanitizable floor.  We had such fun with Murphy in that first class.  Classes run 6 to 8 weeks and then your puppy has a good start on training, socializing, and shots are nearly done and you are ready to go! 

• I'm sure we are being overly cautious but one of his litter mates got Parvo right after he went home.  He will get his last shot in 2 weeks.  The pet store nearby has free puppy play time and I think we will start there since the weather is so cold.  We are working on training here at home with an online training course for now.  He is good with sit, down, sit from down and down from stand with hand signals.  He is so smart!!  

• What a beautiful baby!  love the bandana!  Go Chiefs!  I'm in Lees Summit, so very excited too.  You did exactly the same thing as I did.  I didn't get a puppy until I retired.  I'm so glad I didn't have to leave her for any long times.  Good luck on your training!

• You got it Duffy - Go Chiefs!   You are the cutest doodle! Sounds like your going to eventually get you humans a good duck & truffle dinner which I hope they share with you!

Welcome Jane & Duffy!

• Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!  

• What a cutie pie! Congratulations on your retirement and your darling pup!

This reply was deleted.