I  know there are a lot of puppies going around these days... how are your puppies doing?  How old?  How big? :)  Let's see!

Adult dogs too, I want to see how everyone's doing!

Little Toby has been home about 6 weeks and he's doing well.  He's almost 100% potty trained and Riley and him are definitely best buds.  He's doing really well with tolerating grooming, just did a feet/fanny trim today and he just lay down on the grooming table while I did his paws.  He's also doing well with socialization - we take him to our daughter's school during pick up time and the people and cars all over don't phase him at all.  

He really has a nice disposition even though he is in full-on puppy shark mode these days.  Riley is absolutely covered in scabs from Toby's attacks, I don't know how she has the patience to deal with all his biting.

Toby is about 16 pounds at 14 weeks old and going for his last shots next week.  Waiting for that 16-week guesstimate to see how big he's going to get!   He won't get anywhere near Riley's 75 lbs and 27" at the shoulder though... I'm guessing around 45 pounds.

Many silly noises were made to get them to sit still for half a second.  Look at those LONG poodle legs on Toby!

8575937856?profile=RESIZE_710x

What they looked like during all my other unsuccessful picture attempts:

8575937897?profile=RESIZE_710x

The aftermath:  an exhausted Riley enjoys some quiet time while Toby is napping elsewhere in the house.  This pic of her reminds me of memes I've seen of exhausted mothers dealing with toddlers, haha.  She has this look often like "WHY does he have to be like this!?"... but she loves him to pieces I can tell :)

8575945673?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of Doodle Kisses to add comments!

Join Doodle Kisses

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you!! That's exactly what I'm doing. Got the car seat that straps in safely and hooks to a collar. I'll comfy it up with some towels, and I think it should do the trick. 🤞

• Just a suggestion to attach the tether to the back of a harness and not the collar . . . Safer that way :o)

• Thank you!!

• Oh good luck with him. Very cute. We also use the doggy carseat. I actually got ours at a TJMaxx in the pet dept. I dont know if they have that store where u are.  We drive to our daughters about 2 hours away, often and thats how we transport

• Polo is precious.  Love the name - my son played water polo and there was a team dog - named Polo.

• The before & after are precious!  Around 50lbs is an ideal weight although I love the big dogs.  Picco is 58lbs and at the max weight for picking up to put on grooming table!  I finally bought a foldable stretcher to take on hikes just in case we need to carry him out.

Here is my crazy (almost 10yr old) snowdoggie Picco!  He just loves being outdoors (gets that from me) but is still the affectionate snuggledoodle at home. 

8578444670?profile=RESIZE_584x8578445072?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Yes I think about 50 lbs is my ideal weight for a dog too.  Toby probably won't quite get there the way things are going, I expect him to be a little bigger than Luna (she was 38 lbs), he'll probably be quite a bit taller though.  Riley is a gentle big bear but a bit too strong and heavy for me sometimes.

Picco is so precious, I see he is a kindred spirit of Riley's and loves the snow!  She would spend all day out in the snow if she could.  Sometimes she asks outside just to sit around in the cold.

8578506662?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Is she a snow eater too?   Picco will grab a few mouthfulls while we walk!

• Sometimes! I definitely see her eating it here and there, Toby too.  Mostly if they are playing in the snow and getting thirsty.

• Picco knows what's fun.  I cannot believe he is almost 10!

This reply was deleted.