DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

As many of you know Jennifer has a lot of health issues. She has a deteriorating airway and her pulmonary artery is pressing on it. She is waiting for approval for a special surgery to try to help her. As she waits her breathing has become increasingly difficult. I saw on Facebook that she has been taken to the hospital by ambulance. Please pray for her. She is a gift of courage and hope as she give God glory for every good thing in her life every day. 

UPDATE 7/11/14

JENNIFER POSTED THIS ON FACEBOOK: 

I was told yesterday there is a good chance the FDA is going to say no on my case......nothing with me changed, however it was brought to the surgeons attention that not every other option has been tried on me .therefore emergency exemption may not be granted .the tricky part is that the last option is not normally done in patients with CF, since My CF is not a normal CF the area becomes gray as to whether or not the benefit of trying it is worth the risk I don't know the answer.. The ICU is the hardest place to sleep.....only getting a few short hours here and there is taking its toll on me, and I am losing my ability to be rational. Yesterday my head went spinning somewhere ...my stuff was still submitted to FDA but I am not expecting a miracle....... I may have to try more traditional options which wouldn't be a bad thing and still might not be...but I was told the other options wouldn't work well. way back when...... I am not myself...I am waiting to hear from FDA..and than from my surgeon as to what he will do. thank you for supporting and loving my family and I through this emotional and physical hell ride.

Views: 341

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you, Stephanie.

I just read the explanation on her FB page. The good news is since this is no longer an option they are thinking about all the other things that haven't been tried yet. Keeping the Faith!

My continued prayers and support for Jennifer, even in the face of this devastating news she continues to be positive as always. She is an amazing woman and deserves all of our prayers.

Thank you, Lisa!

After Jennifer's surgery was denied by the FDA, her doctor in Michigan has spoken with a doctor at Mass General in Boston. We don't know what the next steps for her care will be, but Jennifer's mother and a friend are going to drive her back to South Carolina. I do not know how that is possible in her condition. Praying for safety, good answers and hope for Jennifer and her family. I think all who are following this thread are friends with her on Facebook so I won't be putting more up on DK about Jenn's struggles.

RSS

 

 Support Doodle Kisses 


 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2019   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service