Preparing Joanne's liver treats
You need to be a member of Doodle Kisses to add comments!
Join Doodle Kisses
OOO, I may make these this weekend. THanks for sharing the recipe!
And boy, what a stench when the liver is cooking. I hate liver, but I would do anything for my doods.
Thank you so much, I am going to make some for Jack and Molly tomorrow.
I usually let them bake for more than 15 minutes. That way they are all dry and crunchy. I can't freeze the bag since Monty would clobber me down with his tail. And no, I CAN'T walk in the kitchen while making these. The boys licked the bowl where I had the mix clean.
4 cups quick oats
1 cup cooked and chopped beef liver
1/4 cup beef broth (you can substitute with just water)
4 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Mix everything together
3. Use rounded teaspoon and make round balls onto greased cookie sheet
4. Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown
5. Let cool and store in airtight container in refrigerator
A trick my husband does with that recipe
- he makes all the treats then turns the oven down to 250 degrees. Puts them all back in until they harden. The treats dry and become hard and crunchy. Then we freeze bags at a time.
Okay, you made me laugh on so many levels
- can you walk in the kitchen when you are making these?
-I see you have made a best friend with Auggie for ever and ever. :)
-Your house will smell for 3 days
-I don't make them, my husband does. He has won the hearts of a few harden dogs who came through here.
- They are the Absolute BEST treats I dog could ever want
-Hope you made an extra giant batch
-No wonder Auggie's learning is exploding. Dogs will do anything for those treats.
Thanks for the smile
How Precious.. Jack and Molly would like to know if you would share the recipe??? That is such a cute photo
Please check your browser settings or contact your system administrator.