Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum
Oh, and so is her momma! It has been a rough 3-1/2 months since I found out that my DH (and I no longer mean dear) wanted to continue his life without me. I had just started a new job and was in a town we had relocated to because of his job.
My dream house (had built on a golf course) has been up for sale for the past 3 months...getting some action on it now and I am praying it sells soon. Many people have said they wanted to buy it, but they had a house to sell first. Had two showings today and I am confident it won't be long.
My plan was, once the house sold, to move back out to California. I moved away from CA in 1976 and have missed my family. Many times I thought of moving back, but a reality check of the real estate market put an end to that. Things have actually changed now...while I can't afford a house like I have now and won't be able to afford one on my income in the same town as my sisters, I can find an OK house 20 or so minutes away that Rua and I can call our own.
So, I actually have to thank my DH for asking for a divorce, because this is now giving me the opportunity to move back to California. I was hoping to sell the house first, then move, but I have no control over the housing market so Wednesday night I decided that the only thing I could control was moving. So, after talking to my sister Wednesday night (confirming that she was still willing to have Rua and me move in with her) I gave my notice on Thursday. I gave them a 2+ month notice, with my last day being Friday, April 13th (no, I didn't plan on that). I'll then get things packed up, loaded and will hit the road. Unsure if I am having a moving company haul, or if I can get away with a moving truck and tow my vehicle. I am hoping that Mimi Linna (Lilly's mom) will still be available to drive out with me (she has an adult child in San Jose so can also visit and then fly back).
I have highly transferrable skills and outstanding job references, so I don't think it will take me too long to find a job...I'll probably start off doing temp work so I can make sure I find the right job. I figured that as long as I can live rent free at my sisters, and can get some type of a temp job, I might as well move out. I realized I would rather continue to pay my 1/2 of the mortage/taxes and be surrounded with love, and to be sharing a house with my soon-to-be EX
I am so excited and I can't wait. California here we come!