It is so hard to believe that Rua will turn 1 tomorrow! She is the absolute love of my life (of course, my DH is, but in a different way....you all know what I mean) and it just seems like we brought her home. The last 10 months have flown by so quickly.
The progression from:
- Crates and ex-pens to roaming the house and sleeping on the bed.
- Trips outside every hour to "potty", Poochie bells (upstairs and downstairs) on the doors, purchasing a gallon of Nature's Miracle and a Bissell Pet Spot Bot to not having to "watch" her like a hawk and knowing she'll let us know when it's potty time.
- Creating a "poo" rating system and having to know where it was on a scale of 1 to 5 to poo's like clockwork...6AM and 6PM.
- Worrying about everything...sniffles, a sneeze, a red mark near her pee-pee, poo that was a 3 or lower to removing ticks (pulled it off her bare-handed) and cutting her nails without fear.
- Tiny little pink dresses...well to larger pink dresses and robes:
Rua's aunties from California came out on last Friday for a visit and to celebrate her 1st birthday...we decided to have a little party for her on Saturday, July 23rd. I really struggled with what to do for a party for her for many months. I didn't want to go somewhere for it and we don't have a fenced in yard and I didn't want a bunch of dogs I didn't know in my house. Finally I realized we didn't really know any other people's dogs, so it was just our birthday girl, my DH, my two sisters and myself.
Here's an album with a few pictures:
Finally, the most wonderful birthday present that anyone could ever give my little Rua...all of her and her Momma's wonderful DK family. We are so blessed to be a part of such a wonderful "family" Thank you all for your love, support and kindness!